- About Us
- Join Us
- Contact Us
The Freedom Association is looking to hire an intern to help with the Better Off Out campaign.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an intelligent and articulate graduate who wishes to make a major impact in Westminster and beyond.
The internship is a year-long programme that has been set-up to provide a talented graduate with the skills, experience and opportunities to start their career in Westminster politics. The Freedom Association will also cover London travel costs and provide a stipend for food.
The successful applicant will be a key part of a small, friendly and growing team stationed on board our London office, HMS President (1918). You will work primarily on the Better Off Out campaign to leave the European Union and report to TFA’s Deputy Director, Rory Broomfield.
Better Off Out is a non-partisan campaign. You will help create and compile research material to send to Members of Parliament and MEPs, especially with those who are Members and supporters of The Freedom Association. You will also help the Better Off Out campaign broaden its reach with regards to its membership and student activities.
You will have a passionate belief in national sovereignty, a small state and free enterprise.
You will be a self-starter, able to write well, have knowledge of European Union institutions and ideally some multi-media skills.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Conduct political research into the European Union.
• Assist in the running of events concerning the Better Off Out campaign.
• Contribute to Better Off Out’s online activity.
• Distribute the educational work of The Hampden Trust and contribute towards its educational research and booklets.
• Help Better Off Out develop its links with other organisations.
• Assist the Deputy Director running the campaign with its media activity, raising Better Off Out’s profile and obtaining coverage in the media.
In doing so you will have exposure to both Westminster and pressure group politics, gain contacts through events with a wide range of individuals, and build your career within Westminster.
The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 14th September 2012. Applicants will be contacted in the week commencing 17th September 2012 with interviews being held in the week commencing 24th September 2012. The successful applicant will be required to start the role on Monday 1st October 2012.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter outlining their suitability to Rory Broomfield at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Better Off Out Intern Application” in the subject line. For any enquiries about the position contact Rory on 07790 660908.
- Freedom in the City on 22nd May with JP Floru on May 22, 2013 12:30 pm
- The Freedom Association’s Magna Carta Pimms and Politics Cruise on June 15, 2013 12:30 pm
- Conservative Renewal Conference on September 14, 2013
- The Freedom Zone on September 30, 2013
- The Freedom Zone on October 1, 2013
Join the Mailing List