- About Us
- Join Us
- Contact Us
The Freedom Festival 2016
Friday 11th – Sunday 13th March
Marsham Court Hotel, Russell Cotes Road,
Bournemouth, BH1 3AB
Held every year in March, The Freedom Festival is an amazing weekend for anyone who cares about freedom and liberty. Delegates are able to play an active part in discussions and debates about the big political, economic and moral issues of the day. Over the weekend those who attend rub shoulders with some of the most inspirational pro-freedom speakers from across the UK and overseas including writers, politicians, academics, journalists, economists and philosophers.
All this takes place in the relaxed, seaside atmosphere of sunny Bournemouth. With everything happening under one roof at the Marsham Court Hotel (previously called the Days Hotel), on the seafront, there is always lots of time for drinking, socialising and networking with fellow freedom-lovers, with receptions and fringe meetings throughout the weekend.
Organised by The Freedom Association, it is always a weekend to remember.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andrew Allison (Head of Campaigns at The Freedom Association)
Kate Andrews (Head of Communications at the Adam Smith Institute – as seen on BBC TV’s Question Time)
- Dr. Ted Bromund (Senior Research Fellow in The Heritage Foundation’s Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom)
- Rory Broomfield (Director of The Freedom Association and its Better Off Out campaign)
- Christopher Chope OBE, MP (Conservative MP for Christchurch)
- Alex Deane CC (Managing Director at FTI Consulting, former Director of Big Brother Watch, regular newspaper reviewer on Sky News)
- Paul Goodman (Executive Editor, Conservative Home)
- Angela Harbutt (Liberal Vision, campaigner against plain packaging of cigarettes)
- Jonathan Isaby (Chief Executive, The TaxPayers’ Alliance)
- Mark Littlewood (Director-General, Institute of Economic Affairs)
- Rupert Matthews (Campaign Manager, Better Off Out)
The Rev. Dr. Peter Mullen (Former Rector of St Michael, Cornhill. He has written for many publications including The Wall Street Journal)
- Simon Richards (Chief Executive, The Freedom Association)
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Stoddart of Swindon (Independent Labour Peer)
- Brook Whelan (Chief Executive, People against Sugar Tax)
If you would like more information on the next Freedom Festival, contact Sharon Talbot by e-mail or on 01242 235333 .