- About Us
- Simply Simon
- Become a Member
- Contact Us
- Freedom to Vape
- McWhirter Memorial Lecture
With the announcement by Theresa May that the Government desires a General Election on June 8th 2017, The Freedom Association believes that all parties should consider putting the following six pledges into their manifestos in order to help the UK become more confident, prosperous and free in the years to come:
1. Fulfil the decision made on June 23rd 2016 by promising a “clean Brexit” – leaving the EU Single Market, the Customs Union and the European Court of Justice. Also, a pledge to respect the wishes of the British people by taking back control of our immigration policy.
2. Take back control over our legal process by repealing the Human Rights Act to free our courts from the influence of foreign judges and their use of the European Convention on Human Rights.
3. Replace the European Arrest Warrant with an extradition arrangement with the EU that respects English legal freedoms.
4. Axe the TV Tax and free individuals to make decisions over how they access media content – without making it a criminal offence not to possess a TV licence fee.
5. Remove the regulations imposed on the vaping industry by Article 20 of the EU’s Tobacco Products Directive in order to allow the market for vaping to grow and give people more choice over depending on harmful tobacco products.
6. Scrap the UK’s legal obligation to spend billions of pounds on international aid each year. The UK should continue to give aid when necessary and appropriate; however, there should not be the legal constraints that compel the UK to spend a certain amount under law.
Tagged with: Vaping